Shari Jordan, an ordinary woman, faced chilling horrors as the ex-wife of Lionel Dahmer, witnessing the disturbing events within their family home.
Shari Jordan, a common woman, became the stepmother of a notorious serial killer, making her a subject of fascination for true crime enthusiasts worldwide. She was also a key witness to the horrors that occurred in her home.
This article delves into Shari Jordan’s life journey and witnessing horrors as Lionel Dahmer’s ex-wife became the stepmother of a notorious serial killer.
Early Life Of Shari Jordan – Childhood To Adulthood!
Shari Jordan was born on May 8th, 1953, in Columbus, Ohio, a northeastern state in the USA. Her dad, Howard M., and her mom, Olive Jean Miller, were integral to her happy childhood until she married Lionel Dahmer.
1. Career Of Shari Jordan:
While there’s not much detail available about Jordan’s career, a revealing interview on Larry King Live in 2004 shed some light. In the interview, she expressed pride in the Dahmer name, unlike her son David, who was born with Lionel Dahmer.
She mentioned using the name in her past business ventures, indicating she had a career despite the scandal surrounding her stepson’s heinous actions.
Profile Summary Of Shari Jordan – Just In A Wink!
|Being Jeffery Dahmer’s stepmother
Who Is Shari Jordan’s Husband? – Find Out Her Spouse!
Shari’s husband, known as Lionel Dahmer, became infamous as the “Father of a serial killer” due to the heinous actions of their elder child. Born on July 29th, 1936, Lionel’s roots trace back to German and Welsh heritage.
Despite the unsettling memories tied to his son Jeffrey’s crimes, Lionel, now 86, shares his insights in television interviews, urging the public to comprehend why following in the footsteps of a serial killer is a path that should never be taken.
Lionel’s academic journey in chemistry at Marquette University paved the way for him to become a research chemist. He has weathered time through the years, continuing to be present in 2023, reflecting on a life marked by darkness and redemption.
1. Lionel Dahmer And Shari Dahmer’s Son
Shari and Lionel Dahmer shared one son named David Dahmer. Before marrying Shari, Lionel had a son named Jeffrey Dahmer from his previous marriage to ex-wife Joyce. Upon Lionel’s marriage to Shari Dahmer, David and Jeffrey became stepbrothers.
What Did Shari Jordan’s Stepson Do? Know About His Crime!
Shari’s stepson, Jeffrey Dahmer, was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on May 21, 1960, as the first of Lionel and Joyce’s two sons. Unfortunately, Jeffrey gained dishonor for his awful activities.
On July 22, 1991, Milwaukee policemen arrested him after he seduce a man named Tracy Edwards from a bar with the intention of taking his life. A disturbing search of Jeffrey’s apartment uncovered horrifying details.
In his kitchen, four heads were found, and in his bedroom, seven skulls—some painted and others bleached. Plastic bags containing two human hearts and a portion of arm muscle were discovered, carefully arranged on shelves.
Following his arrest, Jeffrey admitted to committing seventeen murders, dismembering his victims between 1978 and 1991. His crimes involved:
- Murders: Dahmer’s first known murder occurred in 1978 at age 18, targeting mainly young men and boys, often of African-American or Asian descent.
- Luring Victims: Dahmer enticed victims into his apartment by offering money, alcohol, or shelter, then drugging and rendering them unconscious.
- Sexual Assault and Necrophilia: After drugging victims, Dahmer committed sexual assault and necrophilia with their lifeless bodies.
- Dismemberment: Following the killings, Dahmer dismembered bodies, preserving certain parts as gruesome souvenirs.
- Preservation of Remains: Dahmer experimented with methods like acid or freezing to preserve body parts, maintaining a dreadful memory of his victims.
- Experimentation: He attempted crude lobotomies by drilling holes into victims’ skulls and injecting acid or boiling water in a bid to create compliant “zombies.”
- Arrest and Capture: Dahmer’s crimes went undetected until 1991 when intended victim Tracy Edwards escaped, leading to his arrest.
Despite being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, and psychotic disorder, Jeffrey was considered legally competent for trial. He faced legal proceedings for sixteen homicides in Wisconsin and was sentenced to fifteen terms of life imprisonment on February 17, 1992.
Tragically, Jeffrey’s life came to a violent end while serving his sentence. On November 28, 1994, he was brutally beaten to death by a fellow inmate, Christopher Scarver.
What Has Jeffrey Been Said About By Shari Dahmer? – Find It Out!
- During a widely discussed interview on Larry King Live in 2004, Shari and Lionel openly shared their feelings about their son Jeffrey.
They stayed in touch with him while he was in prison, acknowledging that “a part of his soul had died long ago.” They expressed their belief that he suffered from mental illness.Shari appeared on television with the goal of preventing another person like Jeffrey from emerging.
- Lionel expanded on these feelings in a later interview with Dr. Phil in November 2022. He struggled to grasp how Jeffrey’s behavior reached such extremes, acknowledging that while everyone has their spectrum of actions and mistakes, Jeffrey’s actions were exceptionally challenging for him to understand.
- At the Columbia Correctional Institution, another inmate named Christopher Scarver brutally beat Jeffrey Dahmer to death. Jeffrey passed away at the age of 34 at the Portage, Wisconsin prison on November 28, 1994.
Where Is Shari Jordan Now? – Her Death!
Shari Jordan, who had faced her fair share of challenges, peacefully passed away at the age of 58 in 2012.
Her last moments occurred surrounded by the warmth of her grandchildren in her daughter’s home. Shari became a grandmother to five biological grandchildren within this beloved family.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Has Lionel Dahmer Written Any Books Regarding His And Jeffey’s Lives?
Yes, Lionel Dahmer has written two books. The first is titled “A Father’s Story,” published in 1994. The second one is “Father’s Story: A PBP,” published in 2021.
2. Was Shari Jordan portrayed in any TV series or movies?
Yes, Shari Jordan was depicted in the Netflix series “Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story.” The character of Shari was brought to life by actress Molly Ringwald.
3. Did Shari Jordan have any children?
Shari Jordan and Lionel Dahmer became parents to a son named David Dahmer after marriage. Before marrying Shari, Lionel had a son named Jeffrey Dahmer from his earlier marriage to Joyce Dahmer.
Shari Jordan’s life was marked by challenges as the ex-wife of Lionel Dahmer and stepmother to the infamous Jeffrey Dahmer. It’s important to note that one’s family background and upbringing may shape their development, but it doesn’t justify Jeffrey Dahmer’s adult crimes.
His actions, which included the murders of 17 people, were appalling and cannot be justified. Shari Jordan will always be linked to Jeffrey Dahmer as his stepmother, despite the heinous nature of his crimes.